Wannier90 (v2.1.0), released 13January-2017: [gzipped-tar]
See the CHANGE.log for a summary of improvements.
Wannier90 is released under the GNU General Public License
Installation instructions are contained in the file README.install, which may be found in the root directory of the distribution.
The user guide and tutorial are available here. They may also be found in the 'doc' directory of the distribution.
The development of Wannier90 is managed through GitHub. On our GitHub site you will find details of on-going developments, and how to contribute to Wannier90.
Wannier90 should be used in conjuction with an electronic structure code for calculating the eigenstates of the Hamiltonian operator. Currently, as far as we are aware, the following electronic structure codes interface to Wannier90:
- Quantum-Espresso (PWscf) [WWW]
- AbInit [WWW]
- SIESTA [WWW]
- FLEUR [WWW]
- Wien2k [WWW] - using the wien2wannier interface.
- VASP [WWW] see the following page in the vasp manual.
- OpenMX [WWW]
- GPAW [WWW] - see the following tutorial.
The following transport codes are interfaced to Wannier90
- EPW [WWW] - An open-source F90/MPI code which calculates properties related to the electron-phonon interaction using Density-Functional Perturbation Theory (DFPT) and Maximally Localized Wannier Functions (MLWF).
Stable versions of the PWscf interface to Wannier90 may be downloaded here.
The following additional programs should be installed to visualise the output of Wannier90
- gnuplot is used to plot band structures. It is available for many operating systems and is often installed on unix/Linux distributions by default
- XCrySDen is used to visualise crystal and molecular structures, Wannier functions and Fermi surfaces. It is available for unix/Linux, Windows (using cygwin) and OSX. To correctly display files from Wannier90, use XCrySDen version 1.4 or later.
Older versions of Wannier90
Wannier90 (v2.0.1), released 2April-2015: [gzipped-tar]
Wannier90 (v2.0), released 2OCT-2013: [gzipped-tar]
Wannier90 (v1.2), released 15-JAN-2010: [gzipped-tar]
Wannier90 (v1.1), released 21-DEC-2007: [gzipped-tar]
Wannier90 (v1.0.2), released 04-DEC-2006: [gzipped-tar]
Wannier90 (v1.0.1), released 17-MAY-2006: [gzipped-tar]
Wannier90 (v1.0), released 30-APR-2006: [gzipped-tar]